Professor Edmund Cibis
Vice-Rector for Students Affairs and Academic Programs in the 2020-2024 term
In 1980, Edmund Cibis graduated in applied mathematics at the Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology at the Wrocław University of Science and Technology. In the same year, he started working
at the (then) Academy of Economics at the present Faculty of Production Engineering.
In 1987 he obtained a Ph.D. in technical sciences. In 2005, the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Food Sciences and Nutrition awarded him with a postdoctoral degree in agricultural sciences. In
2012, Professor Cibis obtained the title of professor of agricultural sciences. He promoted 2 doctors. Edmund Cibis is the author or co-author of about 120 scientific papers, including 21
publications indexed in JCR with the Hirsch index at 11.
Research interests: food and nutrition technology, environmental biotechnology. He was a contractor, main contractor or manager in 10 research projects, including 3 financed by the European
Scholarships and internships: University of Greifswald, Germany (DDR) (1988); University of Hannover, Germany (1992);
- Head of Department of Bioprocess Engineering at the Faculty of Production Engineering,
- Vice-Rector for Students Affairs and Academic Programs (since 2019),
- Vice-Rector for Didactics (2012-2019),
- Vice-Dean for part-time studies at the Faculty of Engineering and Economics (2008-2012).
- member of the Polish Society of Food Technologists.
- Award of the Minister of Science and Higher Education (2006),
- Rector's Awards (8 times).