2. ENTITIES OF THE INTERNAL SYSTEM FOR QUALITY IN EDUCATION
The entities of the Internal System for Quality in Education at the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business are the following:
* Vice-Rector for student affairs and education,
* Dean and Deputy Deans for student affairs,
* Dean and Deputy Deans for education.
Pursuant to § 99 of the WUEB Statute, the Rector entrusts the duties of organizing and managing activities related to education at the University to the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs and
Education. Responsibility for the organization of the education system at the University is transferred to the Dean for Student Affairs, the Dean of the Branch, the Dean for Education, the Head of
the EMBA Program and the Head of Lifelong Learning Center, appointed by the Rector.
The entities performing tasks related to ensuring the quality of education are:
* Education Council,
* Rector’s Committee for Quality in Education,
* Rector’s Plenipotentiary for Quality Assurance in Education,
* Council of Managers / Council of Branch Managers,
* Faculty Managers,
* Faculty Council,
* all employees of Wroclaw University of Economics and Business.
The tasks of the Education Council include, in particular:
1. preparing draft study regulations and their amendments,
2. developing and giving opinions on draft regulations concerning the curricula realized at the University within the framework of first and second cycle studies, EMBA studies and post-graduate
studies and trainings,
3. giving opinions on applications addressed to the Rector to create new majors,
4. giving opinions on applications addressed to the Senate concerning the curricula,
5. developing and giving opinions on projects concerning the organization of education.
The tasks of the Rector’s Committee for Quality in Education, include:
1. formulating objectives and principles of the quality assurance policy at the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business,
2. approving and verifying quality assurance and evaluation procedures,
3. updating and modifying the Internal System for Quality in Education,
4. analyzing reports on the evaluation of quality assurance processes prepared by the Faculty Councils, issuing opinions and recommendations,
5. becoming acquainted with the assessments of the quality performance reports produced by the National Accreditation Committee and by regional accreditation committees,
6. setting directions for improvements in all aspects of the operation of WUEB that involve quality assurance,
7. analyzing and evaluating practical implementations of strategic goals related to quality assurance.
The tasks of the Rector’s Plenipotentiary for Quality Assurance in Education include:
1. informing about national and regional accreditation at the University,
2. organizing, supervising and controlling the national and regional accreditation process at the University,
3. cooperating with organizational units of the University and persons delegated to perform specific activities associated with national and regional accreditation,
4. organizing and coordinating activities related to the implementation of the Bologna Process on quality assurance in education,
5. Managing, organizing and controlling the operation of the Center for Quality in Education at the WUEB,
6. updating the Internal System for Quality in Education,
7. supervising the compliance with the procedures and processes of the Internal System for Quality in Education,
8. managing the work of the Committee for the verification of theses,
9. promoting (with the support of the Rector’s Committee for Quality in Education) surveys among students and academic teachers assessing the quality of teaching.
The tasks of the Council of Managers / Council of Faculty Managers include, in particular:
1. developing draft regulations concerning education at the University within first and second cycle studies – excluding study regulations,
2. monitoring the education market and proposing new majors of studies, in accordance with the needs of the labor market,
3. establishing the rules for enrollment in diploma seminars and the rules for the selection of majors, modules and learning pathways in consultation with the Dean for Student Affairs.
The tasks of Faculty Managers include:
1. organizing and coordinating the work of the Faculty Council,
2. supervising the quality of education in a given field and introducing corrective measures,
3. cooperating with the Promotion Center / Branch Office in promoting a given field of study,
4. planning a list of the appropriate teaching staff and presenting it to the Dean for approval (Dean of the Branch),
5. preparing, in consultation with the Dean for Education (Dean of the Branch), documentation necessary for the accreditation of faculties by PKA, with the support of other organizational units of
6. verifying the seminar offer for consistency with the learning outcomes of a given field of study,
7. supporting the graduation process,
8. verifying and approving the course syllabuses implemented in a given field of study,
9. taking care of the quality of documentation concerning the curriculum of a given field of study.
The tasks of the Faculty Councils include, in particular:
1. developing learning outcomes for a given field of study,
2. preparing changes in the curriculum for a given field of study, including the development of a learning pathway / module / major,
3. monitoring the quality of education in a given field of study,
4. analyzing potential and actual problems related to the realization of the curriculum in a given field of study,
5. analyzing the compatibility of learning outcomes in a given field of study with the needs of the labor market.
The cooperation of the abovementioned entities of the Internal System for Quality in Education enables continuity of work on improving the quality of education at the WUEB to be maintained.