Professor Andrzej Kaleta
Rector of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business in the 2020-2024 term
Professor Andrzej Kaleta was born in Wrocław in 1956. He graduated from the (then) Academy of Economics in 1979. He obtained his doctorate and habilitation in 1988 and 2000, respectively. In 2014,
Andrzej Kaleta received the academic title of Professor of economic sciences.
Scientific and research interests of Professor Kaleta concentrate on three main areas: small and medium enterprise economics, industrial policy, competition strategy and strategic management.
The scientific achievements of Professor Kaleta include nearly 180 publications. He is the organizer of cyclic conference entitled "Strategic management in theory and practice".
He has been an academic advisor to 11 doctoral students.
Professor Andrzej Kaleta has been an advisor in strategic management processes in enterprises and communes of Lower Silesia, he has participated in the work of the Wrocław Development Office and
has been an expert on priority technologies for sustainable development of the Podkarpackie Voivodeship.
Functions at the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business:
- Rector of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business for 2016 - 2020 term
- Head of the Department of Strategic Management since 2002
- Chairman of the Rector's Commission for formulating the strategy for the development and functioning of the Wrocław University of Economics and Business until 2020
- Scientific editor of the "Nauki o zarządzaniu" (Management Science) quarterly published by the WUEB, since 2012
- President of the Alumni Association of WSH, WSE, AE, UE
- Member of the Management Sciences Committee of the Polish Academy of Sciences, since 2016
- Chairman of the Economic Affairs Committee of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland (CRASP)
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Impel SA
- Member of the Lower Silesian Council for Entrepreneurship and Science
- Chairman of the Jury of the "Lower Silesian GRYF - Economic Award"
- Member of the Chapter of the "Young Talents" Competition of the Lower Silesian Capital Club Association
- Member of the Program Council of the BCC Lower Silesian Lodge, since 2010
- Member of the Academic Activity Council at Wrocławski Park Technologiczny SA
- Participant in the works of the Wrocław Development Office