Professor Ewa Stańczyk – Hugiet
Vice-Rector for Research and Academic Staff in the 2020-2024 term
Professor Ewa Stańczyk-Hugiet is a graduate of the Wroclaw Academy of Economics. She studied at the Faculty of Management and Computer Science, majoring in organization and management. She obtained
the doctoral degree in 1997, the postdoctoral degree in 2007, and the academic title of professor of economics in 2014.
She is the author or co-author of over 300 publications in Poland and abroad. She is involved in the implementation of many scientific and research projects obtained from external funds.
Her research interests include, in particular, current problems of strategic management, including those related to business competitiveness, business models, knowledge management, enterprise
competences (including dynamic ones), inter-organizational networks, business ecosystems, inter-organizational relations and many others located in the research field of strategic management and
detailed management methods. An important area of interest are also activities related to the methodology of scientific research and publications in this field.
Professor Stańczyk-Hugiet actively participates in the researchers' promoting processes. She promoted nine doctors, repeatedly acted as a reviewer in procedures for scientific promotion to the
postdoctoral and professor degree. She was appointed to the experts and reviewers teams incl. the National Science Center and the National Agency for Academic Exchange, also as an advisor at the
request of the Central Commission for Degrees and Titles.
Frequently awarded by the WUEB Rector with awards for scientific and research work. Professor Stańczyk-Hugiet also received two (team) awards of the Minister of Science and Higher Education.
Functions at the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business:
- Dean of the Faculty of Management, Computer Science and Finance (2016-2019),
- Dean of the Faculty of Management (2019-2021),
- Head of the Department of Advanced Research in Management,
- Project Manager of the Regional Excellence Initiative (INTEREKON) Program focused on the scientific development of the WUEB (since 2019).
- member of the Presidium of the Organization and Management Sciences Committee (2016-2020 term),
- deputy chairman of the Organization and Management Sciences Committee (2020-2024 term).