1. OBJECTIVES AND TASKS OF THE INTERNAL SYSTEM FOR QUALITY IN EDUCATION AT THE WROCLAW UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS
Continuous improvement of the quality in education is a process which determines the further development and strengthening of the position of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business (WUEB)
at the national or European levels in the field of education.
Numerous changes in the area of education have been introduced since the 2019/20 academic year. The most important of them was the construction of a separate non-scientific structure of teaching
units at the University. In connection with numerous changes in regulations and procedures in force at the University, it became necessary to modify the Internal System for Quality in
The following study, describing the Internal System for Quality in Education, emphasizes the cohesion of the introduced procedures and the need to respond to the changing needs of the
socio-economic environment of the University, related to education.
The Internal System for Quality in Education is coherent with the mission of the university, enabling it to reach the level of a leading center of creative thought and economic education in Europe.
It is based on the educational quality improvement practices developed within the University as well as on national and European standards. A premise for its creation is the need to organize and
link a whole range of processes and procedures for ensuring the quality of education in such a way that they contribute to a system oriented toward the development of a quality culture.
The main objective of the Internal System for Quality in Education at the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business is to continuously improve the quality of education by creating
transparent rules for monitoring, evaluating and improving its processes
. The University’s vision emphasizes the need to balance the pursuit of modernity, also in education, with a sense
of social and ethical responsibility toward employees, students, graduates and the socio-economic environment. Developing full transparency and reliability in the field of education provides an
opportunity to fulfill the tasks set by the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business. In order to achieve the above objectives, specific goals of the Internal System for Quality in Education
have been identified:
* analysis, assessment and improvement of learning outcomes at all levels and forms of studies, including ensuring the participation of interested parties in this process,
* developing a learning process that provides students with a basis for achieving their intended lifelong learning outcomes, including in an international setting,
* preparing graduates for their future careers by equipping them with the knowledge, skills and social competences necessary for operation in the labor market, enabling them to work in an acquired
profession and giving them the opportunity to retrain according to the needs of employers,
* contributing to the personal development of students and building attitudes promoting social responsibility,
* improving the University’s educational offer in cooperation with the socio-economic environment,
* raising quality and ethical standards in the educational process at the University, including raising the role of teaching and building a culture of mutual respect.
The specific goals are implemented through tasks related to the creation and compliance with procedures and good practices, including:
* the recruitment process,
* creating curricula and learning programs,
* creating syllabuses,
* formulating criteria and procedures for assessing students,
* principles of subject selection by students,
* defining criteria for the selection of supervisors and reviewers of theses,
* defining standards for diploma theses and procedures for conducting diploma exams,
* ensuring a high level of preparation of the teaching staff for conducting classes,
* evaluating the education process,
* reviewing teaching conditions and the information policy on the quality of education,
* maintaining relations with graduates,
* cooperating with local businesses.
All the tasks listed above, together with the tools for their implementation, have been described in detail in the further part of the study.