Dear Students, Employees and Ph.D. Students,
We would like to inform you that we have launched a virtual contact point to help our students from Ukraine communicate their needs, so that we can give them some real help. We are using this
channel of communication to reach our students from Ukraine individually.
Wroclaw University of Economics and Business has established the Ukraine Support Team, which will coordinate support for our Ukrainian students and their families and will answer questions on the
support provided by the WUEB. The team is made up of:
• mgr Magdalena Janowicz – Chancellor,
• dr Aleksandra Kuźmińska-Haberla – Department of International Business,
• mgr Ałła Witwicka-Dudek – Director of the Business Cooperation Center,
• dr Ewa Szostak – Department of Economic Policy and European Regional Studies.
We will provide support in many ways, for example by ensuring:
• financial support,
• a flexible approach to teaching students from Ukraine,
• legal aid,
• psychological support,
• the satisfaction of basic nutritional needs,
• health care,
• logistics support.
We have prepared an aid package for the WUEB students who come from areas affected by military operations. The WUEB authorities decided to support our students by:
1) suspending the collection of fees for tuition and dormitories for seven months. University authorities decided to postpone all payments for tuition and accommodation until 30 September.
2) adopting a flexible approach toward the educational process, as part of which students from Ukraine will be able to take dean’s leave and then shorten that leave at any time to continue their
studies at WUEB. In order to enable WUEB students from Ukraine to study despite ongoing military operations, our University will make it possible for students to participate in classes remotely,
using MS TEAMS. Moreover, all classes will be recorded and students will be able to watch them at any time.
Wroclaw University of Economics and Business will keep the students updated about new forms of support.
Moreover, Wroclaw University of Economics and Business will make sure that candidates from Ukraine have good recruitment conditions adapted to the situation, as well as good conditions to continue
their education (when they transfer from universities in Ukraine) by pursuing programs offered by Wroclaw University of Economics and Business.
We would like to inform our students who left for Ukraine in the last few days that they do not need to worry about their belongings left in dormitories, because they were secured.
Bearing in mind the urgent need for financial support for students from Ukraine, we decided that the Foundation for the Development of WUEB should start a fundraiser. The funds we raise will
support our students from Ukraine and their families.
Moreover, we are in touch with business owners who are members of the Entrepreneurs Council at Wroclaw University of Economics and Business, and with our business partners, who will financially
support our students from Ukraine.
We encourage anyone who is not indifferent to the dramatic situation of our Ukrainian students and their families to donate any amount to financially support them.
Bank: BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A.
Fundacja na rzecz Rozwoju Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego
Account number intended solely for donations:
Donation for: Darowizna na rzecz studentów UEW oraz ich rodzin (Donation for WUEB students and their families)