INFORMATION ABOUT DEFENSE (FINAL EXAMINATION) AND DISSERTATION
For students deleted in previous years:
to be reactivated and take part in defense student should deliver to Student’s Office application to the Dean of Faculty (sample) and one exemplar of dissertation in A4 format, in hard covers, signed by supervisor on title page.
For active students:
The deadlines have been set for students to submit the final copy of their dissertation and graduation examinations in the 2018/2019
a) Deadlines for submissions the undergraduate (Bachelor level) dissertation in the student’s office and the graduation examinations (full-time and part-time):
- Graduation examinations June: adoption of dissertation until 02.06.2019; defenses – 10-19.06.2019.
- Graduation examinations September: adoption of dissertation from 02.09.2019 until 15.09.2019; defenses
b) Deadlines for submissions the graduate (Master level) dissertation in the student’s office graduation examinations (full-time and part-time):
- Graduation examinations June: adoption of dissertation until 26.06.2019; defenses 01-06.07.2019.
- Graduation examinations September: adoption of dissertation from 02.09.2019 until 15.09.2019, defenses
Dissertation submission - formal requirements
Before submitting the set of documents in the student’s office, student has a duty to upload accepted dissertation to APD system (https://apd.ue.wroc.pl/catalogue/, please choose option “login” in upper right corner). Please remember to add summary in Polish and in English, fill in required data and .PDF version.
Student’s Office will accept only documents from students who have all marks in USOS system (including seminar), students have to account for all of the financial transactions too. Student’s Office will accept only whole sets of documents (there is no exceptions).
Before defense in dates mentioned first point (above) student submits in Student’s Office:
a) ONE exemplar of dissertation double-sided printed in A4 format, in hard covers signed on the spine with the student’s name and surname.
Title page and table of contents and summery student should print in English and in Polish on separate
pieces of paper and complete as follows:
- title page in Polish (sample for Bachelor Program, sample for Master Program),
- table of contents in Polish,
- title of dissertation and summary in English,
ATTENTION!!! For English language programmes order is different:
ONE exemplar designed to the University Archives printed from APD system. Dissertation (including title page and declarations) student shall
reduce in size to A5 format and print double-sided on A4 format page (i.e. two pages of dissertation in A5 printed in landscape format on one page in A4 – on both sides of this page).
The pages shall be numbered.
Please perforate it on longer side and tie with cotton tape.
Exemplar must to be signed by supervisor.
c) Each exemplar of dissertation must contain declaration that student wrote this dissertation on his or her own and information about access of third persons to this work. The declarations shall insert at the end of dissertation. Declaration should be signed by hand (sample of declaration)
d) Additionally – in exceptional circumstances (for example when in the dissertation are confidential data) – dissertation may have classified status. To get this status students submit application to the Vice-dean of Faculty at least 30 days before submitting whole set of documents to Student’s Office (sample of application). After Dean’s approval on title page of dissertation should be information PRACA UTAJNIONA (on the top of the page, fonts - 14p in red colour).
e) Obligatory set of documents contains also:
- colourful printout of certificate from University’s Antyplagiarism System with supervisor’s sign – you can print it from Uniform Antyplagiarism System (Jednolity System Antyplagiatowy).
- form "karta obiegowa" signed in library, dormitory, by supervisor etc. PLEASE CHECK FILE: CIRCULAR FORM.doc. Please remember to fork up books to library, including books borrowed from supervisors and university staff.
- Proof of payment for diploma – 60 PLN (students’ part-time study do not pay for diploma). Student should make payments on his individual bank account numbers (please check in USOS). Student who will transfer money not from his own bank’s accounts in title of payment should put information: “opłata za dyplom, imię i nazwisko studenta”.
- Four photos 4,5 x 6,5 cm without frame in formal dress in envelope with name of the student on envelope (please do not write on the photos).
- Declaration with contact data for Kuźnia Kadr (sample of application)
f) Student can apply for formal copy of diploma . Payment for it is 40 PLN (sample of application).
Pease submit 1 more photo too).
English version of diploma is not obligatory. According Polish regulations on English formal copy name of title (“licencjat” or “magister”) and name of final grade (“bardzo dobry”, “dobry” etc.) is in Polish language.