COMMUNICATION NO. 5/2020
OF THE RECTOR OF THE WROCLAW UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS of 5 March 2020
regarding recommendations related to the spread of coronavirus
In connection with the expansion of the areas affected by coronavirus SARS-Cov-2 in the European countries and the occurrence of the first case of the infected person in Poland, feeling responsible
for the academic community of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business, I would like to assure you that the situation is being continuously monitored and decisions aimed at ensuring the
epidemiological security are taken on an ongoing basis. With reference to the above, the Management of the University have decided that:
- All foreign business trips of our employees, doctoral students and students as well as visits to our University to/from the countries listed in the communications of the Ministry of Foreign
Affairs and the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate are suspended until further notice.
- The Auto Stop Race project has been cancelled.
- The classes/activities at the University of the Third Age are suspended until further notice.
- The Management of the University have appealed to the students of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business to refrain from participating in classes and lectures if they have any
flu-related symptoms, such as fever, cough and muscle aches.
- In case the academic teachers have observed that students show the above-mentioned symptoms, they have been authorised to ask such students to leave their classes/lectures.
- The information about the order to absolutely follow the recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate and leaflets instructing on washing hands effectively and keeping a safe distance in
contacts with other people are displayed on the whole campus of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business.
If it turns out to be necessary, subsequent communications concerning coronavirus will be issued. The University Authorities do not exclude the possibility of suspending the organisation of
other, previously planned, events.
You should become acquainted with the recommendation issued by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education on 4 March 2020:
Prof. Andrzej Kaleta, PhD, Habil