REGULATION No. 34/2020
of the Rector of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business
of 10 March 2020
regarding the suspension of trips of employees, doctoral students and students of the Wroclaw University of Economic and Business and arrivals of invited citizens of other countries to the
Wroclaw University of Economics and Business
On the basis of Art.11 of the Statutes of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business and due to the epidemiological situation in Poland and in the world, related to the expansion of the areas
of SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus occurrence, with reference to the Act on Special Measures Related to the Prevention, Counteracting and Control of COVID-19, Other Infectious Diseases and Crisis Situations
Caused by Them of 2 March 2020 (Dz.U. of 2020, item 374), it is ordered as follows:
1. The following shall be suspended until further notice and with immediate effect:
- business trips abroad of all University employees,
- business trips within the country of all University employees, subject to items 3 and 4,
- trips of students and doctoral students resulting from or related to the course of study or other educational activities, or implementation of projects regardless of the source of
2. The arrival of persons who are citizens of other countries, including students, regardless of the purpose of their arrival, invited to the WUEB, the WUEB organizational unit or
self-government or organization operating within the WUEB, shall be suspended until further notice and with immediate effect.
3. The Decision-Makers’ competences to authorise the WUEB employees’ business trips within the country, as specified in Para. 4 of the Instruction on employees’ business trips within the
country and reimbursement of travel expenses for non-employees of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business
, shall be suspended until further notice with the exception of:
- business trips of research and teaching staff and teaching staff whose workplace is different from the place of teaching at the University to conduct teaching at the University for full-time
and part-time studies of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree, EMBA studies, Doctoral School and postgraduate studies,
- business trips of University employees whose workplace is in Jelenia Góra, to participate in meetings of the collegial bodies and other councils, committees and teams indicated or created in
accordance with Para. 5 of the Statutes.
4. In special situations which require that the University be represented at meetings outside the WUEB campus, permission for a business trip within the country is issued by:
- Vice-Rectors – for the Rector,
- Rector – for persons performing managerial functions.
5. It is recommended to limit the number of meetings of councils, committees and teams designated or formed in accordance with Para. 5 of the Statutes to consider only necessary and urgent
6. Persons performing managerial functions, heads of organizational units, chairmen of self-governments or organizations operating at the University, at whose invitation the persons who are
citizens of other countries were to visit the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business, are required to immediately inform these persons about the impossibility of coming to the University
until further notice, as a result of the epidemiological situation.
1. All previously issued consents for business trips within the country and abroad, which were to start after 10 March 2020, are cancelled, except for business trips within the country,
referred to in Art. 1.3.1-2 and Art.1.4.
2. The Wroclaw University of Economics and Business will not settle or reimburse:
- costs of business trips that began after 10 March 2020, except for business trips within the country, referred to in Para. 1.3.1-2 and Para.1.4.
- travel expenses of persons who are not employees of the WUEB, in the case of travels of persons referred to in Art. 6.1 of the Instruction on employees’ business trips within the country
and reimbursement of travel expenses for non-employees of the Wroclaw University of Economics and Business, except for travels of members of the University Council.
3. The WUEB employees who incurred costs related to the cancelled business trips are obliged to take immediate actions to recover, to the maximum extent, expenses from the organizer, carrier
or other service provider.
4. If the reimbursement of the expenditure made was not possible due to the refusal of the entity to whom the payment was made or the conditions under which the service was purchased, the delegated
person shall submit a written statement indicating the actions taken by him to recover the expenditure. They shall attach the documents confirming payment (e.g. bank statement, confirmation of
payment by card) and any correspondence confirming that there is no possibility of reimbursing the expenditure. The decision on reimbursing the expenses related to the cancelled business trip is
made by the Supervisor who authorized the business trip and the Bursar.
The accommodation of new persons in the student dormitories is suspended, and the visits in the student dormitories by unregistered persons are forbidden.
The regulation enters into force on the day of signing.
Prof. Andrzej Kaleta, PhD, Habil